7.12.2006

Mash it Up

“Mash Ups” are the thing these days as far as music goes. For those who didn't know, a Mash Up is basically two songs, usually of different genres, played at the same time. I know several people that hate them, but I think they're pretty creative. I mean, I like classic hip-hop, and I like classic rock, so why not just hear both at the same time? One of my favorites I've heard is 50 ways to kill you lover by DJ TopCat (there are some other good ones on his site too). It's Slick Rick's Women Lose Weight mashed with Paul Simon's 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover. It fits together so good that it might actually be better than either original (bold statement, I know). It's fun to do on your own too. I mashed the Temptation's Ain't No Sunshine with Nas If I Ruled the World on my buddies turntables and it sounded pretty sick too (although I was intoxicated at the time so who knows). So yeah, check em out.

1 comment:

appojax said...

i hear a mach up of 50cent vs. benny benassi and came away with a new appreciation for fitty's flow.