5.04.2006

I be Illing

I hate when things don’t work out the way you want. I know that sounds obvious, but it really applies in my line of work. I spent all week on some crazy experiment and I was supposed to get results like those below.


Well it didn’t happen. To make things worse I didn’t even get one little dot to show up and I have know idea why. Even worse, I rode up to lab in the elevator this morning with the head guy in charge and he was like “how’s that p53 gene expression going Dave?” I didn’t even have a good answer. I said something like “well… (long pause), uh….. I’m having some technical difficulties so to speak…..” Then he said, “well, stop by my office and we’ll talk”. Sounds easy enough right. Well that’s the last thing I wanted to do (I’ve yet to do it). The guy is nice, and never bugs me, but you have to go in all prepared and know what you’re talking about, and then my kick back job becomes a real headache. I know what your thinking, “stop bitching man”, so I will.

I really just want to go home and watch the Lakes while slamming a 12 pack, but I feel under the weather. I got a cold coming on (“stop bitching”, I know). Go Lakers!

5 comments:

appojax said...

saturday it will all become clearer.

Lauri said...

ok Dave don't make fun of me for my lack of the correct technical terms but, i miss doing the gel filling thing. We did it in high school and i loved it. I was the only one in the class who's hands were steady enough to pipette so i had to do everyones gel. ah the good ol days!

Pete said...

Dude, whenver your boss asks you "how's its goin'" and its not goin well, you just say "It's goin.". Very confusing and non-commital. Then again, that might not work in a job where actual tangible results are expected.

Larry III said...

Hey brother... Take comfort in that at least your not the only one in the lab that can't articulate what your working on...

You meant Jorge, not Doc right?

Kujo said...

Dr. W. not the HNIC, but close.